November 27, 2011

Went a Little Postal...

I don't know about you but loooooong weekends and holidays get me a bit batty and a bit out of sorts. When the kids start to get a bit bored and hubby is home from work and it just isn't our usual schedule, I go a bit nutty! I had a mini melt down and had a bit of a temper tantrum. I was nicely asked to take a brake and so I  took myself out for a walk and some alone time. Sometimes I forget that it's ok to take a minute or two for me. I feel much better now. How are you holding up? Now that I am used to the "everyone-at-home" schedule, I'll have another mini melt down tomorrow when everyone heads off to work and school. UGH! I don't always weather change well. What can I say, I'm a creature of habit!

Before my melt down, these got made....




I ran off to mail them and wouldn't you know it! THE POST OFFICE WAS CLOSED!!!! I figured they would be closed for Thanksgiving but they are closed from Thursday through Sunday. Part of me was irked but then I thought of Reba and Barbara and the other post office gals and how they are always so hard working and kind and, even when the line is long and the natives are hostile, they do their very best to get everyone through. They deserve a LONG weekend! Let's all remember to show those hard working folks at the post office (as well as other folks behind a counter) our best behavior this holiday season and maybe they will do the same!

If you have little ones (heck even if you don't) get out to see Arthur Christmas. Great message and a good laugh around every turn. I loved it!

If you want to laugh yourself silly, go see the Twilight movie. I'm sorry if you are a big fan but it is the kind of  movie that has me in fits of laughter. A guilty pleasure. My apologies to the other movie patrons if my quietly shuddering with laughter interrupted your movie experience! It was the perfect antidote for a squabble with my hubby!


I got a note from jewelry designer Cilla that she is part of the Virtual Craft Show and is offering 35% off on her fantastic jewelry with the code "Thanksgiving"! You can find her here... www.tellyourgirlfriends.com 

The whole event was organized by the lovely Lori Anderson, of Bead Soup fame. You can see more about the event here... http://www.prettythingsblog.com/2011/11/dont-forget-virtual-craft-show-starts.html

4 comments:

Alice said...

Sometimes we deserve (or need) a time out. Especially one with chocolate or shopping or something equally satisfying.

The necklace is gorgeous, and so are those beads!

Have a great week!

Marie Cramp said...

I wish I was allowed to take some time for me once in awhile, it seems so rare! I like time to play in my studio when I get upset about something, normally does not go my way either! lol I may have to sneak out for a movie soon too...

Kathy ~ Artful Accents said...

I can identify! The hubby and kids at home are okay the first day or so....but I am happy to have my house quiet once again this morning!

The bracelet is beautiful!!

Cillaw said...

Hey !
Thanks so much for mentioning my shop! Looking forward to new beads too.
Thanks so much!!
Cilla